The Ranch is set in one of Western Canada’s most unique ranch settings. Situated high above the Smoky River 30 miles northeast of Grande Prairie, Alberta, the Ranch encompasses 1,580 contiguous acres with no public through roads.
Deeded land commences at the northwest corner, where the residence and outbuildings are situated, and then gently slopes approximately 4 kilometers to the east/southeast. The 460 acre grazing lease descends down from the upper plateau to border the Smoky River for 2 KM.
The tableland ranch is a mosaic of cultivated land, pasture land, boreal forest and diverse unique recreational parcels.
Many of the parcels offer an opportunity for farmers or ranchers to break and cultivate additional acres to increase the large tract of arable land currently available for pasture and crop. Several parcels would be ideal for a private airstrip.
The most southeasterly parcel, being Parcel #3, offers a panoramic view of the Smoky River, both upstream and downstream. From seemingly the end of nowhere, to the east is a breathtaking view to seemingly everywhere.
Several parcels offer unlimited opportunity for a unique cabin setting with elk, deer and moose out the back door. Parcel #4 offers a perfect opportunity for friends to co-own that exclusive recreational land. The parcel is divided by a rugged ravine yet has separate legal access to both sides of the ravine. The ranch is about as secluded and remote as one can dream about, yet you can grab your golf bag and in minutes be golfing down on the course just over the hill.
- Well-constructed older farm house, barn, Quonset along with permanent corrals on home 1/4.
- Water well and dugout on home 1/4 with numerous other dugouts dispersed over balance of parcels.
- Grazing Lease has road allowance access.
- Entire ranch has for 25 years been managed using organic principles of husbandry.
- Merchantable timber on several of the Parcels.
- Ranch is tucked away against the Smoky River, yet in close proximity to the City of Grande Prairie.
- Timed auction for each parcel will expire chronologically 1 through 9 with home1/4 being Parcel 1, Grazing Lease Parcel 8, and entire En Bloc ranch as Parcel 9.
- Online bidding will be with a refresh function eliminating any advantage to defer your bidding to the end. Any bid close to the stipulated expiration time will automatically add time.
- To view ranch in advance call Tom at (h) 780-568-2101 or (c) 780-518-9174.
- Conditions and Terms of bidding may change prior to sale day.
Commencing at 12:00 noon MDT on April 4th, the Rycroft Ranch will be offered to bidders by way of online timed auction. The timed auction will expire commencing at 11:20 am MDT April 5th for Parcel 1. Thereafter each subsequent Parcel will expire sequentially. There are eight actual Parcels of land to be bid on, made up of 7 deeded quarters with the 8th Parcel being the 460 acre Grazing Lease. Interested parties that are pre-registered may bid on each of the 8 Parcels. At the conclusion of bidding on the 8 Parcels the entire ‘en bloc’ Ranch may be bid on as Parcel #9 by eligible bidders that have placed the high bid on at least 3 of the 8 Parcels. For full details in relation to bidding on the en bloc Parcel 9 please review the details attach to Parcel 9.